Senior Analyst Performance Engineer
Appscore is an Australian based digital agency founded by 2 of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Hong Kong, California, New-Zealand, Singapore and Dubai which all provide a strong entrepreneurial environment in the field of design, development and digital marketing. We have been ranked the fastest growing digital group in Australia for 2 years straight and have won numerous rewards because we love what we do and believe that passion breeds success!
Provide technology based services incorporating strategy, design, development, test delivery and maintenance of technological solutions to meet business needs.
- Drive a Performance Engineering approach across the SDLC and contribute to platform integration and better system performance outcomes through analysis and testing.
- Implement & monitor quality metrics including trend analysis of discrepancies and defects
- Write user and infrastructure stories that reflect the NFR requirements of the individual software components to allow all stakeholders to reach agreement on the non functional requirements of the Platform.
- Provide estimations of the effort required to implement software and infrastructure user stories
- Validate that NFRs for software components to be implement for the software and Infrastructure user stories.
- Develop performance automation scripts to validate the NFRs criteria contained in the user stories
- Provide recommendations on improving performance.
- Drive investigations into problems and correction actions relating to recurring problems
- Log quality defects (Defects with all details and explanations) which helps development & SRE team to fix the issues faster.
- Validate the scripts that deploy the software components onto the infrastructure
- Deploy the software components, infrastructure and scripts to various environments
- Ensure that quality procedures defined for the position within the service are followed.
- Ensure that the SDLC procedures defined for the position within the service are followed.
- Ensure that an automation first approach is followed. With a focus on the importance of NFRs through all phases on the SLDC.
- Participate in production releases
- Share knowledge through Code Reviews and Communities of Practise opportunities across the Service
- Own, manage and demonstrate uplift from PIRs for continuous improvement on the release process
- Ensure Test Environments are allocated (TEBR, Enterprise release entry)
- Proactively manage risk; meet all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to Process and Procedures pertinent to role and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified.
- Promote shared goals of creating high quality software
- Successfully implement Agile based solutions; working with platform teams, partners and senior NAB stakeholders to deliver high quality products and features to NAB customers
- Successfully implement Performance Engineering frameworks and sufficiently up skill asset team capability to self-service with minor trailing help
- Continuous review and adoption of performance engineering tools and frameworks.
- Demonstrated evidence of continuous learning, taking ownership of your own development. You are curious and understand the latest industry developments.
- Application and integration of the “shift left” performance engineering approach across platform ensuring testing, performance and quality are embedded in day one of development.
- Software/Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Programming or related tertiary qualification is advantageous.
- Driving a culture that enables the team to deliver fast, efficient, and responsive systems architected for large-scale populations of customers, employees, regulators, managers, and more
- Provide consultation to development and operational teams, building performance into products and help identify root cause issues/resolutions to performance problems within the existing platforms.
- Develop tools / or dashboards to analyse performance characteristics of different microservices.
- Opportunities to work with the vertical service and wider domain to optimise strategies for usage workloads:
- Resilience and versatility in dealing with varying levels of organisational maturity
- Track record and ability in delivering quality outcomes
- Building strong relationships with the ability to influence key decision making
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork, Collaboration & Communication
- Solid judgment, reasoning and decision-making abilities
- Ability to focus, prioritise and multi-task successfully to drive tasks to closure to support aggressive schedules
- 5+ years of relevant software development, solution architecture and/or quality engineering experience in multiple environments
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Leading Performance Engineering and chaos engineering
- Understand how to design/architect a platform for the greatest performance and being able to understand the full distributed technology stack.
- Solid understanding in analysis techniques to isolate root cause associated with web and application in general use and at scale.
- Experience in Application and Infrastructure Performance Monitoring and Analytics Tools (such as AppDynamics, Nagios, CA Wily Introscope, Splunk)
- Experienced in Performance Testing Tools (JMeter, Performance Center, Gatling)
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in Application and Infrastructure Performance Monitoring and Analytics Tools (such as Nagios, CA Wily Introscope, Splunk)
- Software development, programming or scripting languages (Java, Node.js, Groovy, J2EE, Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell, Go)
- Linux administration (Debian, Ubuntu and RHEL) and standard UNIX utilities and programs
- Version control (Git, SVN)
- Database technologies (Oracle) /SQL
- Automation and Collaboration (Jenkins, Atlassian Suite)
- Spring / Spring boot
- Cloud Computing
Nice to have: